Blog Madness

e-Marketing tips

Thursday, May 24, 2012

FeedShow Review

I gave FeedShow, an online rss reader, a try and was very impressed with... how useless it is. It comes preloaded with a ton of rss feeds (CNN, BBC, Washington Post etc). there's no way to remove all of these unwanted feeds in one click. No, you need to go to every feed and unsubscribe (and confirm) each one manually. To make things worse, the core functionality of an rss reader would of course be to read rss feeds. This does not work in Feedshow except for the preloaded feeds. I added 5 feeds for different blogs I follow, I then clicked read and all I got was:

No items available. If you just added this feed, new items will appear shortly.

They must have another definition of shortly because after 2 hours, they still weren't displaying anything.

Every feed also has a rss to pdf button. I tried this on a couple of the preloaded feeds and every time I got the following error message:

The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Please go back and try it again.

OK, great... except for the fact that there's no recaptcha anywhere on the page. As if captchas weren't already annoying enough, FeedShow has actually managed to find a way to make captachas even more annoying: They're asking for a captacha they're not even displaying and that you cannot enter anywhere.

Conclusion: FeedShow is an epic fail.